Instrumentation Service Provider (ISP) is an innovative business model that reduces instruments’ project delivery cost between 13% and 20%, while consistently delivering the right instruments on time to the project. The ISP model guarantees that the right instruments will be handed to construction at the right time and that during your commissioning and qualification phase, you will not experience delays or additional costs due to design and/or procurements issues with instrumentation.
Through the ISP model, we ensure that the correct instruments will be handed to construction for installation at the right time and that during your commissioning and qualification phase, you will not experience delays or additional costs due to design and/or procurement issues with instrumentation.
PACIV has purchased, for major biopharmaceutical companies and their capital projects around the world, over 23,000 instruments with a value exceeding $43 million in the past 8 years following the ISP model. Within them, over $3 million of direct savings have been generated with no project delays due to instrumentation procurement, its related documentation, or instrument inadequacy.
As depicted below, the ISP approach covers the entire procurement process – from Procure & Expedite to handling it to site with the instrumentation Turn Over Package (TOP):
The ISP process covers:
- Receipt Verification
- Document Control
- Nonconformance Remediation
- Consolidated Invoicing
- Status Reporting
- Process Performance Metrics
Moreover, other added value provided by ISP services are:
- Technical Handling & Care
- Cautious and knowledgeable handling – instruments are delicate and can be damaged without proper care
- Highly skilled resources to proactively identify non-conformance issues
- Technical understanding of the instruments and the associated vulnerable aspects.
- Capability to evaluate appropriateness of documentation and specifications that come with instruments
- Kit Shipments
- We anticipate weekly orders that we will pick and pack from the larger group of instruments.
- Kit shipments will require selection of the correct instrument and repackaging.
- Damage can result in the picking and packaging processes
- If instruments are shipped incorrectly they may actually get installed
- Warehouse Support
- Urgent Delivery
- We have the ability to react, pull inventory and get product to site in order to address these changesin plan
- Inventory Management
- Detailed real-time, day to day, inventory management used to manage the instruments as these will need to be tracked individually rather than by pallet.
- Commissioning and Installation Support
- Attend to call from the project team asking us for details on instruments in storage to assist with their installation.
ISP process covers:
- Full Management and Ownership of the Process
- Cloud based procurement system for multiple location real-time updates
- Monitor specification approval vs schedule
- One stop shop for all instrumentation and status
- Ordering/Expediting (Who ordered what? Is everything ordered? What is the status?)
- Incorporate vendor on schedule changes
- Address and communicate vendor delivery issues to project team
- Eliminate on-time delivery variability
- Receipt Verification/Turnover Package (Did I get what I ordered? Damages?)
- Resolve nonconformance prior to client receipt
- Turn Over Package (TOP) to leverage C&Q effort
- Consolidated Invoicing
- Right-sized Shipping/Warehousing:
- Centralized warehousing, inspections and sorting-shipping as needed to project
- 30 day warehousing
- Time to Issue PO
- Vendor Delivery Time
- Vendor Conformance Rates
- Nonconformance Resolution Time
Benefits of ISP include:
- Performance Excellence:
- Verified and On-time Instruments/Documentation (improve delivery performance)
- Engage Project Team Early
- Create Process Efficiencies Downstream (avoid re-work)
- Single Source Accountability
- Better Terms:
- Vendor Management:
- Educate Vendor on Inspection (RV) Criteria
- Real-time Controls and Updates
- Performance Improvement through Metrics
- Lower Cost/Higher Quality:
- Reduce Risk of Late Delivery, Reduce Cycle Time
- Reduce System Variability which Leads to Quality of Design Issues
- Flexible Staffing, Flexible Warehousing (use of project site storage)