Automation Engineer (DeltaV)
PACIV, an international control systems integration and regulatory compliance engineering firm, servicing Bio-Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, F&B and Utilities clients, is looking for regular employment-based Automation Engineer at our USA office (New England office – Providence, RI). *Must be Authorized to Work in the United States*
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day support, maintenance and troubleshooting of process control systems, primarily DeltaV, within our clients Biotechnology site. This support service will be performed working within the client’s automation department team. At the same time, this support service will also include executing small changes and manufacturing initiative projects related to the control systems such as upgrades, process optimizations, expansions and any other related tasks supported by the automation department of the client’s site
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Primarily responsible for design, development, and installation of Rockwell based automation and process control systems enabling the integration of manufacturing processes and skid package systems. Ability to program, troubleshoot and support the process and utilities control systems within industrial regulated manufacturing processes.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of systems involved in operations on the DeltaV platform. Aid Validation team with execution of automation validation deliverables.
- Familiarity of systems involved in operations such as CompactLogix and ControlLogix PLC systems.
- Experience with SCADA HMI interfaces (FactoryTalk View, iFix, WonderWare).
- Provide technical support, problem solving, maintenance, modifications, and continuous improvement for automated equipment and process control systems.
- Participate in capital projects, new installations, testing, and modernization projects for new systems.
- Lead efforts for the remediation, migration, or upgrade of existing systems.
- Knowledge and familiarity with within regulated industries, including exposure to cGMP, GAMP, 21 CFR Part 11
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Utility, and Manufacturing equipment and processes desired.
- Knowledge of S88 Standard; Configuration experience with FactoryTalk Batch and/or DeltaV Batch desired.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years automation experience particularly with DeltaV platform
- Programming ability is desired on top of troubleshooting experience.
Desired Hard Skill Sets:
- Design, programming, implementation, and support for control system/automation projects within regulated environment.
- System integration experience and comprehensive understanding of process control systems including AB SLC’s, ControlLogix, iFIX, DeltaV, Foundation Fieldbus, and/or DeviceNet applications.
- Comprehensive understanding process control systems related documentation (e.g. P&ID’s, URS, FS, DS).
- Knowledge of Data Historian (OSIPI)
- Knowledge of Computer System Validation lifecycle and FDA regulatory requirements.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in troubleshooting of process control systems within Biotechnology site processes.
- Comfortable with 24/7 manufacturing environment, automation department
- Deals well with uncertainty and pressure.
- Works well with others, within a team and takes accountability.
- Result driven and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and presentation).
- Organized, with strong computer literacy such as MS Project, Excel, etc.
Location: Rhode Island – Remote/off-site support during COVID-19 travel restrictions, then onsite support expected once deemed appropriate by client and local government guidelines.
Travel: Up to 10% of the time to various suppliers, collaborators, and client sites
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
*Must be Authorized to Work in the United States*
Please Apply Here: https://paciv.applytojob.com/