Senior Automation Engineer
PACIV, an international control systems integration and regulatory compliance engineering firm, servicing Bio-Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, F&B and Utilities clients, is looking for a regular employee-based Senior Automation Engineer in our Puerto Rico office.
The Sr. Automation Engineer will be twofold. The engineer will first be responsible for some strategic technical support and leadership for our engineering teams, as well as support for proposal content development. Second, the engineer will be responsible for the implementation of industrial automation solutions, specifically in the utility and life sciences industries. The engineer may be utilized for project and sometimes day-to-day support, maintenance and troubleshooting of process control systems (DeltaV, AB PLC’s, iFix) within our clients’ Biotechnology sites.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Primarily responsible for design, development, and installation of Rockwell and DeltaV based automation and process control systems enabling the integration of manufacturing processes and skid package systems. Ability to program, troubleshoot and support the process and utilities control systems within industrial regulated manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of systems involved in manufacturing and development operations. Aid Validation team with execution of automation validation deliverables.
- Knowledge and understanding of DeltaV Distributed Control Systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of Rockwell ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and PlantPAX or FactoryTalk.
- Experience with SCADA HMI interfaces (FactoryTalk View, iFix, WonderWare).
- Provide technical support, problem solving, maintenance, modifications, and continuous improvement for automated equipment and process control systems.
- Participate in capital projects, new installations, testing, and modernization projects for new systems.
- Lead efforts for the remediation, migration, or upgrade of existing systems.
- Knowledge and familiarity with within regulated industries, including exposure to cGMP, GAMP, 21 CFR Part 11
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Utility, and Manufacturing equipment and processes desired.
- Knowledge of S88 Standard; Configuration experience with FactoryTalk Batch and/or DeltaV Batch desired.
- Knowledge and experience using and configuring OSI PI or equivalent Data Historian systems is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years automation experience particularly with Rockwell platform.
- Programming ability is desired on top of troubleshooting experience.
Desired Hard Skill Sets:
- Design, programming, implementation, and support for control system/automation projects within regulated environment.
- System integration experience and comprehensive understanding of process control systems including AB SLC’s, ControlLogix, iFIX, DeltaV, Foundation Fieldbus, and/or DeviceNet applications.
- Comprehensive understanding process control systems related documentation (e.g. P&ID’s, URS, FS, DS).
- Knowledge of Data Historian (OSIPI)
- Knowledge of Computer System Validation lifecycle and FDA regulatory requirements.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in troubleshooting of process control systems within Biotechnology site processes.
- Comfortable with 24/7 manufacturing environment, automation department.
- Deals well with uncertainty and pressure.
- Works well with others, within a team and takes accountability.
- Result driven and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and presentation).
- Organized, with strong computer literacy such as MS Project, Excel, etc.
Location: Puerto Rico
Travel: May be required at time to various suppliers, collaborators, conferences/training and client sites
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package, starting over $100K.
Please Apply Here: https://paciv.applytojob.com/